Thursday, April 17, 2008

Drive to Honduras

Waiting at the boarder. Even with the help of the tourism board we are sitting at the boarder. We have a new guide. Keith and Don are pouring over a map with him.

I was taunted but a my airport card, which asked me if I wanted to get on line. It was lying.

If we ever get through the boarder we’ll go to Copan another Maya ruin.

We just met a couple on bikers. They are riding from Alaska to the tip of South America. Keith asked them how much longer they had. They said a year or two. That’s time on a different scale.

It’s now been over five hours of waiting. We are bored. real bored. Like parawaiting bored. We spent the last ten minutes cheering a on an ant that a big load to carry back to the ant hill.

One of the two vehicles has cleared. The important one, the Earth Roamer, with all the gear, is stuck in limbo between Guatemala and Honduras. At five thirty the troll and the border leaves if the car isn’t over by then it won’t move till morning, maybe. I have crossed the border and am now sitting at the hotel with a pile of gear. Neither car is here, just me and some of the gear. Sure hope someone comes back.

Later

Well who knows when I’ll get internet again. As I write, Keith and Don are still stuck in the Earth Roamer between the borders, camping for the night.

No comments: